You will need the following ingredients which are all fairly easy to acquire:
Basmati Rice (Two cups)
A cup of mixed vegetables - (potato, cauliflower, carrot, French beans, peas)
3 onions, thinly sliced
2 Green chillies (Deseeded, if you prefer your food milder)
One teaspoon of red chilli powder
2 tsp of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
½ cup of yogurt
½ teaspoon of mustard seeds
3 tablespoons Dry fruits (raisin, cashew nuts)
- Boil the rice and dry fruits together.
- Slice all the vegetables and fry them in the pan with the olive oil.
- Then fry separately the mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper powder for about a minute before adding the onions. Fry together until the onion browns.
- Add the red chilli powder, stir and add some salt.
- Then add tomatoes and fry until cooked.
- Add the yoghurt and stir.
- Add all the fried vegetables
- Then add the cooked basmati rice and minutes, cook for a further five minutes.
This recipe is designed as a satisfying meal for two people, if you require it for more people, simply increase the measurements of each of the ingredients proportionally.